Just sharing some fun Halloween ideas…Painting Pumpkins is a fun and creative activity that the whole family will enjoy!!!!
- Select your pumpkin with a smooth surface with no bruises, scratches, or blemishes.
- Clean, rinse and dry your pumpkin.
- Coat your pumpkin with white acrylic paint and let dry. That way the next set of colors will pop. We purchased the acrylic paints at Michael’s (remember to bring a coupon for a discount). If you have other kinds of paint at home you can test it out on a small area of the pumpkin to see if it sticks first. You can also paint the whole pumpkin with Multi-Purpose Sealer first. We didn’t do this step and so far our pumpkins has lasted for three weeks so far without a problem.
- After searching for ideas in Pinterest, we printed and traced our design onto the pumpkin with transfer paper using a pencil or with a permanent marker.
- If you want to make your design more fun you can add some glitter, decorations or embellishments accents to your pumpkin.
- And most important….Have fun with it and enjoy the proccess!!!
Scratch one more item off of the Fall Bucket List 🙂